MONTE VISTA— The Ski-Hi Stampede Committee announces the 2017 amateur events and rules.
All amateur contestants will participate in the slack/qualifying round of the Ski-Hi Stampede rodeo on Friday, July 28 following the PRCA slack at 1 p.m. Please be present by 1:30 pm for Local Entry Events.
All participants MUST be residents of the San Luis Valley—no exceptions.
• Entry fees will be $100 per person per event.
Calf Roping - $100
Barrel Racing - $100
Team Roping - $200
An individual may enter only once per event.
• Event will be a one go round timed trials.
• The 8 (eight) fastest times, who were successful in the qualifying round, will advance to the Ski-Hi Pro Rodeo performances on Saturday and Sunday, bottom four Saturday and top four Sunday.
• Amateur monies will be paid to the fastest four contestants during Friday’s qualifier.
Stock, secretary and judges fees will be deducted.
Pay off will be as follows:
1st-40 percent; 2nd -30 percent; 3rd-20 percent and 4th-10 percent
• There will be no additional entry fee for participation in the Stampede Pro Rodeo. The fastest time in each event will be the winner of the amateur saddle for the event. The amateur saddle will be presented to the winner at the Sunday performance of the San Luis Valley Ski Hi Rodeo. In the event of a tie for the saddle, tie-breaker will be the best time from the qualifying round.
Individuals and teams will be scheduled in the Ski-Hi Pro Rodeo as follows:
• Number of individuals and teams will be divided equally for each of the two days (Saturday and Sunday) of the Ski-Hi Pro Rodeo.
• Competition order will be from slowest times from qualifier at the Saturday performance to the fastest times at the Sunday performance.
•Example (with eight maximum qualifiers with performance date and running order): Saturday, July 29 – Qualifiers 8,7,6,5; Sunday, July 30 - Qualifiers 4,3,2,1
•Once individuals and teams have qualified, and performance times have been set, there will be no changes or additions even if a qualifier must draw out for any reason.
• All communications about complaints or grievances shall be directed to the Ski-Hi Stampede Board of Directors at a monthly meeting by asking for a spot
on the agenda to express the concerns. At no time will sponsors or other individuals be approached about grievances. Any violations of this clause may result in disqualification in this year’s eligibility as well as all future year’s eligibility in Ski Hi Stampede Rodeo events.
•Registration will be from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., Monday, July 24 at the Ski-Hi Stampede Committee Building, 2330 Sherman Ave., Monte Vista. Contestants must have the following for registration: Entry fee (cash or check; if a participant’s check bounces, they will not be allowed to compete for the saddle in the pro rodeo); proof of health insurance; proof of residency (driver’s license of 90 days in the Valley);
• Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian or have a notarized release from your legal guardians.
• Team Roping – Must be the complete team!
• All participants must enter in person!
Participants must be between ages of five and seven years old and less than 50 pounds. They must be a San Luis Valley resident and show proof of age and insurance. Child must be present at entry office to weigh in. There will be a limit of 10 mutton busters per day. All mutton busters must report to the west end of the grandstand before the saddle bronc riding begins. Contestants not reporting on time will not be allowed to compete.
See website for more information and all the rules, www.skihistampede.com.