MONTE VISTA — The Monte Vista High School shares the following information in preparation for the upcoming school year:
• The first day of school will be Monday, Aug. 20, starting at 7:30 a.m.
• Registration for all high school students will be Tuesday, Aug. 14. Students will receive their class schedule, locker assignment, student packet, and Chromebook information. Parents may accompany their student to fill out Chromebook paperwork, and pay any related fees. Students have the option of using their own laptop/device. The schedule for registration is: 9-10:30 a.m. freshmen, 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. sophomores, 1-2:30 p.m. juniors, 2:30-4 p.m. seniors.
• Back to School Parent/Student Orientation Night will be Tuesday, Aug. 14 from 5-7 p.m. for all MVHS students and parents. Students/parents will pick up their class schedule in the cafeteria, and pay any class/Chromebook fees starting at 5 p.m. An “assembly” in the gym follows at 5:30 p.m. and then a visit to each class in the “school day.”
• Homecoming Week starts Monday, Sept. 17.
• Picture day will be Tuesday, Oct. 9.
A mailer with specific information and paperwork should have arrived to households by July 31. With further questions about schedules or other issues, please call the high school at 852-3586. The offices will be open starting Aug. 6.