The listed names and incidents were reported in the Monte Vista Police Department’s “Bulletin Report.” Persons should be presumed innocent until convicted in a court of law.
• MVPD took a report of a broken camper trailer window at 442 Monroe St. No suspects.
• Officers responded to the 1500 block of Grand for a report of a theft
• Cheryle Ray, 54 of Del Norte, was arrested for an outstanding warrant and additionally charged with Possession of Drugs, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Obstructing a Peace Officer, and Tampering with Evidence.
• Jabez Chavez age 25 of Alamosa, was arrested on a warrant out of Alamosa County Sheriff’s Office in the 10 block of 1st Avenue.
• At approximately 0300 hours, Christopher Sanchez age 24 of Monte Vista was arrested for 3 active warrants for his arrest. There were no additional charges. This occurred within the 1000 BLK of Park A venue.
• There was a report of theft in the 600 block of 1st Avenue.
• There was a report of a four-car accident in the 600 Block of 1st Avenue.
• There was a report of a theft in the 1900 block of Newcomb A venue.
• MVPD responded to a family disturbance in the 600 block of C lay Street.
• Officers received a call for a Brown SUV that may have been involved in a crash in the area of East Drive and N. Henderson Road The driver, Jeremy Salter (22) of Del Norte was issued a Summons for Careless Driving and Obstructed Vision.
• There was a report of recovered cell phones from Safeway.
• Officers responded to Top Value for a customer who attempted to run over an employee. After reviewing security footage, the driver identified as Richard Samora (70) of Monte Vista was advised not to return to the store.
• Jacob Harr 34, of Pueblo was issued a summons for disregarding a traffic control devise and driving under restraint. This took place in the 900 block of 1st Avenue
• MVPD assisted Parole with a home visit in the 300 block of Washington Street.
• MVPD was advised of found property at Loves.
• Officers responded to the 600 block of Morton Street for a reported run away juvenile. The parent knew the juvenile was with a grandparent, and was upset they had not dropped him off at the requested time.
• Officers responded to the 200 block of Stallo Street for a reported dog bite. The victim had a minor injury to his leg, and the dog owner, Leroy Sanchez (67) of Monte Vista was issued a summons for Dangerous Dog.
• There was a medical assist in the 200 block of Clearview Drive.
• There was a report of theft in the 500 block of Morris Street.
• Three Juveniles were taken into custody for Underage Possession of marijuana. One of which had a felony
• At approximately 0515 hours, Officers contacted Yuniel Escobar-Sanchez age 37 of Las Vegas, Nevada after he ¾ had been walking in single digit temperatures for over two hours - EMS assist
• Leann Adams 39 of Monte Vista, was arrested on two failure to comply warrants out of Rio Grande County Sheriff’s
• Officers were contacted at the Police Department for a Chime credit card which had been found at Alta Convenience Store (605 1st A venue). The owner has not been contacted at this time.
• Leonard Barela, 37 of Monte Vista was arrested for Criminal Impersonation, and Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance.
• Officers received a call for a suspicious party carrying a welder near 2nd A venue and Jefferson Street. The male party abandoned the welder in the 200-block alleyway between Jefferson Street and Madison Street.
• There was a report of a possible burglary, in the 200 block of Tyndal Street.
• Jose Barraza Salazar, 54 of Alamosa, was cited for driving without a license and operating a defective vehicle at Grande Avenue and Lyell Street
• MVPD took a report of stolen property out of a truck in the 200 block of Solar Avenue