The listed names and incidents were reported in the Monte Vista Police Department’s “Bulletin Report.” Persons should be presumed innocent until convicted in a court of law.
• Officers were dispatched to the Alta convenience store in the 600 block of 1st Avenue. The suspect, identified as Crystal Valenzuela (33) left the store with approximately $8.40 in candy bars.
• Marissa Medina, 18, of Monte Vista was arrested on a warrant out of RGSO.
• MVPD responded to 739 1st Ave. (Crossroads) for a female who came to an appointment on methamphetamine’s. Shabrea Lindsay-Sanders (28) of Monte Vista was transported to detox in Alamosa, Colorado.
• There was report of a fraud having taken place on the 500 block of Batterson St.
• MVPD responded to 363 Jefferson for items taken from a rental home by previous a civil issue tenants. This was found to be a civil issue.
• On October 14, 2019 MVPD responded to a dog attack at the address of 110 Truman Ave. Dogs owner is unknown and unable to be located.
• At approximately 2217 hours, Neiahmiah Villagomez age 21 of Center was cited and released for driving under restraint at the intersection of Hwy 285 and County Road 36 of Rio Grande
• Mr. Michael Lucero, 32, of Monte Vista, was issued a summons for “False Reporting Identifying Information,” “Driving Under Revocation - Suspended,” “Driving without a Safety Belt,” and “Improper Signal Light Use” on 6th Ave. at S. Broadway St.
• Report of Trespassing in the 1600 block of US HWY 160. The female was identified as Hilarey Chavez 31 of Monte Vista.
• Their was a report of Theft in the 1300 block of U.S. Hwy 160, Arthur Cisneros was the involved party and needs to be issued a summons.
• Mr. James Molash, 37, of Monte Vista, was issued a summons for “Drove Vehicle Under Restraint,” “Drove Uninsured Vehicle,” “Displayed Expired Number Plates” on Ray St. at S. Broadway St.
• At approximately 2130 hours, a male party was taken into protective custody for suicidal intentions and actions. Mental Health was contacted and met with the individual.
• A juvenile was reported leaving home, three minutes after the call, the juvenile was located on the 200 block of Dennis St. this case was referred to DSS.
• At approximately 0420 hours, Steven Flores age 37 of Del Norte committed Felony Menacing to a male party in the 1500 BLK of Grand Ave. a juvenile was reported leaving home, three minutes after the call, the juvenile was located on the 200 block of Dennis St. this case was referred to DSS.
• There was a report of counter fit money spent at 154 Adams St (Rainbows End) suspect has been identified as Angelina Martinez.
• Cedric Naranjo age 20, of Monte Vista was arrested on a warrant out of Alamosa County, in the 10 block of 1st Avenue.
• Officers responded to Alta Convenience Store located in the 1300 block of Grand Avenue for a shoplifting. Two male juvenile suspects were issued Summons to Court for Shoplifting.
• There was a report of a crash in the 700 block of 1st Avenue.
• Officers responded to the 2200 block of East Drive for a medical assist. The female victim was found to be deceased with a DNR order in place.
• There was a report of vandalism at 100 Block of Adams Street.
• Two juveniles were issued summonses for Complicity and Shoplifting, in the 1200 block of 2nd Avenue.
• Leander Nathaniel, 42, of Monte Vista was taken to detox.
• Cedric Naranjo age 20, of Monte Vista was arrested on the charges of CRS 18-3-203(1)(c)(f)(b) Assault in the 2nd degree (F4), CRS 18-8-204(1)(a)(3)
• MVPD advised of traffic accident on the 200 block Solar Dr.
• There was a report of Fraud in the 10 block of Batterson Street.
• Shabrea Lindsay-Sanders age 28, of Monte Vista was arrested for theft on the 600 block of 1st Avenue
•Micheal Suazo, 40 of Monte Vista was issued a summons for Driving under restraint and failed to provide proof of insurance. •Benny Steele was issued a summons for violating a protection order. •Report of a shoplifting from Top Value. Under investigation.
•Angelo Jacques age 25, of Monte Vista was issued a summons for DUR, and Defective License Plate Lamp, in the 1400 block of Grand Avenue.
•Julian Rodriguez, 18 of Monte Vista, was taken into custody for felony Rio Grande County warrants at Monte Vista PD.
•There was report of a Protection Order violation on the 700 block of Morton Street
•Leander Nathaniel, 42 of Monte Vista, was charged with resisting arrest at the 10 block of Morris St, after drunkenness at a residence.
•Safe2Tell Colorado tip involving child abuse. This tip was unfounded. Report filed.
•Melonie Miera, 41 of Monte Vista, was arrested for Domestic Violence and Criminal Mischief at the 800 block of Lyell Street
•Rey Javalera and Javier Salazar were trespassed from the Monte Vista and Clearview Apartments.
•There was report of a theft of lottery tickets on the 600 block of 1st Avenue
•There was report of fraudulent activity from an online student loan forgiveness organization.
•Villagomez, Nehemiah age 21 of Center was contacted for being in a park after hours. Villagomez admitted to recent marijuana use and did not have a valid license. Vehicle was towed and a sober party picked up Villagomez.
•Chaleene Baca, was arrested for Domestic Violence and Harassment
• Jared Dominick Keller age 27, of Monte Vista was arrested on a warrant out of Alamosa PD, in the 400 block of Covey Street.
• Crystal Lopez age 30, of Monte Vista was arrested on a warrant out of Rio Grande County in the 600 Block of Monroe Street.
•Officers attempted to contact Katrina Cunningham at her residence in the 600 block of Adams Street for a welfare check. Cunningham apparently abandoned the residence.
•There was a report for a call back for a stolen license plate.
•There was a report of theft in the 500 block of North Henderson
•Amanda Ono of Monte Vista was issued a summons for Driving under revocation (suspended) and failure to provide proof of insurance.
•There was a report of Harassment in the 600 block of 1st Avenue (Alta Convenience store).
•Kassondra Ecker age 22, of Monte Vista was issued a summons for violation of protection order
•MVPD advised of a traffic crash on the 300 block of Alameda Street where a vehicle struck a residence.
•A white Chevrolet sedan with an unknown female driver activated the fuel pumps at Alta Convenience Store (1300 Block Grand Avenue). The female driver took $24.00 in fuel from the pump and drove away.
•Officers were advised of a Remington 700 rifle in .270 Remington caliber which was stolen from an unsecured vehicle in the Baldo’s Restaurant parking lot.
•Tammie Naranjo age 34, of Monte Vista was arrested on a warrant out of Rio Grande Count, in the 200 block ofClearviewDrive. •Officers responded to the 2000 block of Grand Avenue for a report of a theft.