MONTE VISTA—The Monte Vista Head Start is recruiting for the 2018-19 school year. Monte Vista Head Start serves children ages three through five years.
Head Start is a unique program, offering a variety of services such as:
• a full-day program Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. with an optional half-day on Friday
• designated bus stops throughout Monte Vista Monday through Thursday; transportation on Fridays will not be provided
• serving a nutritious breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack at no cost to families.
• free program serving 90 percent low income families, 10 percent plus more children with disabilities and if space is available, may serve up to 10 percent high income families
• emphasizes school readiness, giving the children the skills, knowledge and attitude necessary for success in school and for later learning in life. The Head Start approach to school readiness means that children are ready for school, and families are ready to support their children’s learning. They work with the entire family not only the children by providing a variety of trainings for families:
• an excellent fatherhood program involves literacy and fun bi-monthly activities such as learning how to make tortillas, tamales, building birdhouses etc.
• provide a variety of health screenings, plus a developmental screening for the child
Come in and pick up an application at 2863 Sherman Ave. Contact Marilyn Duran at 852-3215 for further information. Head Start has the building blocks for excellence.